- Scotch whisky of the year - Ballantine's 17 year old (also voted 'Scotch Blend of the year' & 'Best Blended Scotch' 13 - 18 years old)
- Best Blended Scotch no age statement (Standard) - Ballantine's Finest
- Irish Whiskey of the year - Redbreast 12 year old Cask Strength (also voted Irish Pot Still whiskey of the year)
- Irish Blend of the Year - Jameson Irish Whiskey
Jim Murray also votes 3 whiskies as the best three in the world no matter country of origin. The following whiskies are Jim Murray's top 3 for 2013.
- 2013 World Whisky of the Year - Buffalo Trace's 'Thomas H. Handy Sazerac 64.3% ABV'. (bottom left bottle)
- 2013 Second Finest whisky in the World - Buffalo Trace's 'William Larue Weller 66.8% ABV'. (middle bottle)
- 2013 Third Finest Whisky in the World - Ballantine's 17 year old (right bottle)
Please read my previous blog for details on how to obtain Jim Murray's Whisky Bible 2013 or visit www.whiskybible.com and click on 'Dram Good Book Shop".