November 2010 is whisky month with the annual 'FNB Whisky Live Festival' returning for its eighth year showcasing whiskies from around the world in Cape Town and Johannesburg.
The festival remains the largest and most exciting whisky show of its kind in the world. The festival is in the following centres and dates: The Cape Town International Convention Centre from Wednesday, 3 November to Friday, 5 November and at the Sandton Convention Centre from Wednesday, 10 November to Friday, 12 November.
- Whisky Pairing Zone with fresh oysters, salmon, handmade chocolates, shortbread, Italian meats and French cheeses.
- Other opportunity to interact with the people behind the brand includes: The Macallan Maturation zone, Glen Grant Distillation zone and Schweppes Art of Whisky Cocktail Making zone.
- Whisky workshops offering the best learning experience/best value for money at the show by visitors.
- The popular Lexus Connoisseur’s Experience - The Ultimate Guided Tour offering festival-goers the opportunity to be chauffeur driven to the festival and then savour exclusive and rare whiskies generally not available to the public while joining a personal guide on a tour of the distillery stands. The experience will also include light dinner, in the hospitality lounge.
- This year those who cannot get hold of a Lexus Ultimate Guided Tour ticket can have the benefit of tasting a selection of whiskies unavailable in the tasting hall in the comfort of a stylish lounge. The Whisky Lifestyle Lounge offering the perfect exclusive forum for client entertainment or simply networking and meeting up with like-minded friends. A light dinner is included. Tickets cost R495.00/person which includes your Tasting Hall entry ticket.
Various exciting new tickets options for the Tasting Hall, as well as the other features, attractions and workshops are available from Webtickets from mid-September 2010, which can be accessed via the Whisky Live Festival website (Whisky Live Festival)
The FNB Whisky Live Festival promotes responsible drinking. No persons under the age of 18 years old will be allowed into the Tasting Hall, and dedicated driver tickets are available. Discounted food vouchers and a bottle of Valpre mineral water are included in the ticket price, and taxis will be on hand to ensure that everyone in your party is able to have a good time. Part of the proceeds will continue to be donated to The Foundation of Alcohol Related Research.